True Image 9.0 - Won't Run Manual Back-Up. Help!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bushy1967, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bushy1967

bushy1967 Registered Member

I am having problems running a manual back-up, using True Image Home 9.0. I go through the procedure as follows:

- Back Up - My Computer - Selecting the Partitions - Add to Existing Backup Archive. I get the Wizard Information Congratulations Box, click Summary, then Proceed. Instead of starting to run the back-up, it jumps to the Task & Event Log page.

I don't know if it's connected but the only thing I can think of is that recently, I opened the Windows Defender Software Explorer and I think I removed from the Start Up Programs list all Acronis references (having decided it should just open when I wanted to use it).

Can anyone please help?!

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Since it is a manual backup, try it with the Rescue CD.

3. bushy1967

Sorry, I meant an unscheduled back-up, not a manual one. Does that still apply? If so ,why would I suddenly have to use the Rescue CD every time I want to do an unscheduled back-up?

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If you removed things like Acronis' schedul2, schedhelp, trueimagemonitor then that's your problem.

TI schedules a backup even if you start it manually and don't schedule it. The services above take very little memory and actually spend most of their time swapped out to disk.

5. bushy1967

Thanks - any idea how to restore them? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the entire program?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

bushy1967, you can repair the program (launch the installation file and select the Repair option). After that it will be usefull to update the scheduler service, the link is available here

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.