True Image 9.0 vs. 10.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lbenhart, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbenhart

lbenhart Registered Member

This is my first post, wish me luck that I can get it to show up.

Yesterday I bought True Image 9.0. I have not opened it yet and can return it for a full refund. Once I got home I found out that 9.0 has been replaced by 10.0.

I'm looking for some guidance from you experienced users as to whether I should return 9.0 and go with 10.0? I 10.0 clean or is buggy?

I notice that 10.0 is Vista compatible. I will be buying another computer in the next three months that presumably will have Vista on it.

Another question: can I install this on software on both on my home computers at the same time?

Thanks in advance Lou

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Personally, I'd say go with 10 -- Generally, whatever probs are in 10 are inherited from 9, with the exception of the email backup feature, which is a new feature in 10. I doubt that 9 will be updated anymore. So if you want to get updates, you'd be better off spending your money on 10.

As with most software, the license is for installation one machine so you would need two licenses for two PCs to be kosher. Although you could use a single boot recovery disk to restore an image from one PC to another under a single license.
    goo luck,
    sh

3. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

Welcome to Wilders!

Are Acronis still doing free upgrades for people who bought ATI9 up to a month before ATI10? If so you MAY be eligible. I'd go onto the Acronis site and raise a support question.

Phasechange :D

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lbenhart,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used.

Please have a look at this previous post describing Acronis upgrade policy for Home and Home Office products. Therefore, I would recommend that you collect the information about your purchase of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (invoice or receipt along with the serial number) and submit a request to Acronis Support Team using Contact Acronis Customer Service link. Attach all the collected files and information to your request. If you are eligible for free upgrade we will provide you with the further instruction on how to obtain it.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Not this old chestnut again :D

My interpretation of the license is that the Recovery CD is not exempt from the phrase "use the software on a single computer".

Since Ibenhart is clearly using two machines concurrently I don't think your advice is valid in this case.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=505095&postcount=3

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.