True Image 9.0 - Install on x64 Fails?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jrbach, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrbach

jrbach Registered Member

Ok...I asked about Migrate Easy (in the other section) and was told I had to buy it to functionally clone my x64 system to a new hard drive. I was also told that this cloning capability was included in Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, which works with x64.

I BOUGHT it, but it WON'T INSTALL...
    After the 1st several steps of the install, I get a window that says it can't delete Acronis True Image 9.0 and then the installer just QUITS!
    I have to start installation all over and it fails again and again!

I took it back home and it seems to have installed just fine on my W98SE, but this is for someone else who has XP x64 OS installed and working fine (except for badly needing a larger hard drive).
    What do I have to do? Please HELP...
    Thanks

2. jrbach

jrbach Registered Member

I need a solution and come here for help and get none? o_O

I was told ATI 9.0 would work on x64 by this forum.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=133563
    I bought ATI 9.0 and it won't install on my friend's XP x64 OS computer...

Does ATI 9.0 install and work on XP x64...Yes OR No?
    Do I have to install ATI 9.1 for workstation to get XP x64 cloning functionality?
    I really need a simple straightforward AND correct answer please.
    Thanks

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, jrbach

Good Question, I tried as you have, and also recived the Fail Error at the very last moment.
    Use the Your BootCD.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. jrbach

jrbach Registered Member

Cool avatar there TheQuest...
    Mine failed soon after the entering the s/n window with a popup saying it couldn't delete True Image, blah-blah (I imagine that referred to temp-install files). It would then close the install and I was forced to restart from the beginning. It failed in the same place every time. Sounds like yours got further along...
    btw...what do you mean by "Use the Your BootCD"?

So far...I've noticed there are versions called True Image 9.0 and the version shown at Acronis called True Image 9.0 Home...Home being the only thing different. I believe I got some kind of hacked or distributed version, but the seller has refunded already (before even returning the cd...pretty rare, eh?).

I haven't received a quality, definite answer to a simple, direct question in almost 24 hours...I thought I would just order the "Home" version direct from Acronis, but simply wanted a definite confirmation 1st.

I've already started looking elsewhere for a solution. I will check back to see if there is any change, but I'm not getting a warm feeling from Acronis on this issue. Looks like it takes 4-5 years for companies to get a clue. That's why I'm still using a W98SE install for most tasks...at least MS finally got Win95 almost right with W98SE. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jrbach,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3633.

If the problem persists with the latest build, please do the following:

- Download the utility from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us, install and run it;
    - Select Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and hit Remove;
    - Try to install the product again.

If that does not help, please do the following:

- Launch the product installation file;

- Right-click on the "Install Acronis True Image" button and select "Extract";

- Select the path for extracting the component and click "Save";

- Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name

Where msi-name is the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to;

- Reproduce the problem and collect the log file created during the installation.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. jrbach

jrbach Registered Member

Hi...Thanks for responding, but I asked two simple questions...

Does ATI 9.0 Home install and work on XP x64...Yes OR No?
    Do I have to install ATI 9.1 for workstation to get XP x64 cloning functionality?

I really need a simple straightforward AND correct answer please.
    Thanks

7. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, jrbach

The Rescue BootCD that Ti asked you if you would like it to make when you installed it on your Winodows 98SE OS, use it to Clone the x64 OS to your Larger HDD.
    True Image 9.0 Home is the new build of True Image 9.0.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jrbach,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, Acronis True Image 9.0 Home supports Windows XP x64. So please follow my instructions in order to resolve the installation problem.

It's not necessary to install Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation on Windows XP X64 for your purposes as Acronis True Image 9.0 Home should work on your computer.

You can also temporarily install Acronis True Image 9.0 Home on another computer, create the bootable rescue media and clone your Windows XP x64 in rescue mode.

Please note that we recommend you to unplug one of the hard drives right after the disk cloning process has been finished, since keeping both original and cloned hard drives connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.