True Image 9.0 Gone Forever

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Budge, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Budge

Budge Registered Member

When I paid good money to upgrade True Image 8 to version 9.0 (build 2,302) AND I DELETED MY SERIAL NUMBER FOR VERSION 8 AND REPLACED IT WITH MY NEW SERIAL NUMBER FOR VERSION 9, and found that the new 9.0 program wouldn't even recognize my C: drive to make an image backup no matter what I did or how I configured it, I searched through messages here and discovered there are problems with build 2,302 and that I should first completely delete the build 2,302 and then install the new build 337, which I tried to do with the "trueimage9.0.2337_s_en.exe" file. However, before the build 337 will begin to install it not only asks for my new version 9.0 serial number, which I have, BUT IT ALSO ASKS FOR MY OLD VERSION 8 SERIAL NUMBER, WHICH I NO LONGER HAVE! I don't suppose there is any way in hell Acronis Support is going to tell me what my old version 8 serial number was, so it looks like I have deleted and lost all of True Image, the money I paid to buy the program originally and the cost of upgrades as well. Is any of this my fault? Yeah, I guess, for being so stupid to buy it in the first place.

Budge

2. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

How about registering a PersonalEdition (from the PC-Magazine) for free and input this number as "old" number. This should work and cost you no money.....

Greetings

Volker

3. como

como Registered Member

As you have registered Version 9 to get the update and I assume you registered version 8 also all you need to do is log into the update site and click on the version 8 update button. Your serial number for version 8 is shown on the download page.

4. Budge

Budge Registered Member

Many thanks for the tip. I went to the site as though I wanted to update my old version 8 and there was my old serial number for that version. Now with the latest build 2337 I can backup with no problem. Though they quickly corrected all the problems with version 9, I don't understand how they could release such a flawed version in the first place. Thankfully I didn't try to do a system restore with that flawed version or I would have had a heart attack. According to PC Mag, it would have told me all my backups were unusable!!!!:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.