True Image 9.0.3666 and Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by paulmer, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulmer

paulmer Registered Member

Will True Image 9.0.3666 install on Vista beta 2?

2. MarkA

MarkA Registered Member

I haven't installed 3666 on Vista, Beta 2 yet but I did install 3633. I'm assuming that 3666 will install and function properly. The only way it will install and function properly is to turn off UAC. Hardly anything works properly with it on. It naggs you nearly to death. You can turn it off under the USERS accounts in Control Panel. It will ask you to reboot. I made several backups after this with True Image and verified them. I finally took the beta off my system because of the bloat. I had a 19 gig partition set aside for testing and it didn't take long for it to take up the whole thing. They need to trim this beast down some in my opinion.

Mark

3. paulmer

paulmer Registered Member

Thanks Mark,
    Yes UAC is a PITA! But necessary for security (Malware/Viri and the like). Unfortunately not everyone is savvy enough to run without it. I am, as I run XP and W2K before that with full Admin privileges. No issues for me.
    Hopefully MS will fine tune UAC before the final release, with maybe some customable settings as well?

Paul

4. MarkA

MarkA Registered Member

Paul,

I wouldn't mind UAC too much if it was implemented properly, but even deleting a file requires several prompts, which when you are through clicking yes, lets you do it anyway. In many instances you can't even empty the recycle bin. Nothing really seems to get deleted. I can understand it for installing software, but when you answer the prompts, it still won't install some software that works perfectly well with XP. When turned off, it seems to magically fix many problems. Microsoft received a barrage of feedback on this one thing. This, by far, was the most annoying attribute of Vista. As I previously stated, I don't like all the bloat either. At the rate I was seeing, it would take a 500 gig hard drive just to accomodate it's sorry behind. I don't see why MS can't streamline their code and make it lean and mean.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.