True Image 8 restore USB 1.1 only?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by simmerheli, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simmerheli

simmerheli Registered Member

Hi all:

Using True Image 8, I created an image of my C:\ drive onto an external USB 2.0 HD.
    The backup process took about 4 to 5 minutes to comlete using maximum compression.

I just restored that image to my C:\ drive (the C: drive is the active drive which forces True Image 8 to reboot the system into its own restore process).

The restore process took 5 hours! :eek:

These slow speeds are closer to USB 1.1 then to USB 2.0.

Does anyone know if True Image 8.0 supports USB 2.0 restores? They advertise that they do so I'm confused . . . o_O

Thanks

-Mike

2. simon_warner

simon_warner Guest

When you restore you probably do this with the rescue disk? That works under Linux. And the support for USB 2.0 is not OK in all circumstances. I have the same problem :( with my external hard disk.

3. Marc_G

Marc_G Registered Member

FWIW, it works fine at USB2 speeds with both my external drives, using TI-8.800. However, there are plenty of reports of some controller chipsets not working well with the Linux drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.