True Image 8 incompatible with WindowsXP SP2??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by manji, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manji

manji Registered Member

My fist post is "Corrupted Image TI8 b764 and 768 Trials (XPSP2)" but nobody seems to read this one...

I tried ATI8b764 and 768 and both keeps making corrupted images.

And I wonder if the problem is related to WinXPSP2...

Please report any usage of TI8 with WinXPSP2, thx!!

2. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

Could you be a bit more specific about the symptoms and conditons in which this manifests itself?.

Horrified by the thought of what is being suggested here, using TI8.0.768, I have just backed up and restored a data partition with about 0.5GB on, just as a trial. I did both both operations from Windows XP SP2 and had no problems.

Is the problem related to restoring images created before SP2, or with backup/restoration from Linux, or something else. I would like to understand if I am facing a problem.

Thanks.

(Using Tosh Satellite Pro 6000 Laptop)

3. manji

manji Registered Member

As I described in anotheer post the problem is I only create corrupted images...

Creating an image of system HD on 2nd HD via windows interface = no errors.
    Trying to restore it without or with Boot CD tells me the image is corrupted.

I read a lot of posts about the same pb from ppl with SP2 so I was afraid of an incompatibility...
    But you and also another post I found proved me wrong...

I won't be waiting too long for a solution or patch as I'm only trying the software... after i'll give a try to PQ DI7 sequel : Ghost 9.0 ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.