True Image 8 incompatible with WindowsXP SP2??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by manji, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manji

manji Registered Member

My fist post is "Corrupted Image TI8 b764 and 768 Trials (XPSP2)" but nobody seems to read this one...

I tried ATI8b764 and 768 and both keeps making corrupted images.

And I wonder if the problem is related to WinXPSP2...

Please report any usage of TI8 with WinXPSP2, thx!!

2. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

Could you be a bit more specific about the symptoms and conditons in which this manifests itself?.

Horrified by the thought of what is being suggested here, using TI8.0.768, I have just backed up and restored a data partition with about 0.5GB on, just as a trial. I did both both operations from Windows XP SP2 and had no problems.

Is the problem related to restoring images created before SP2, or with backup/restoration from Linux, or something else. I would like to understand if I am facing a problem.

Thanks.

(Using Tosh Satellite Pro 6000 Laptop)

3. manji

manji Registered Member

As I described in anotheer post the problem is I only create corrupted images...

Creating an image of system HD on 2nd HD via windows interface = no errors.
    Trying to restore it without or with Boot CD tells me the image is corrupted.

I read a lot of posts about the same pb from ppl with SP2 so I was afraid of an incompatibility...
    But you and also another post I found proved me wrong...

I won't be waiting too long for a solution or patch as I'm only trying the software... after i'll give a try to PQ DI7 sequel : Ghost 9.0 ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.