True Image 8.0 - Rescue CD doesn't complete boot process

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dgaub, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgaub

dgaub Registered Member

Hello,

I downloaded and installed a trial version of True Image 8.0 (build 850) today. I successfully created an image to my secondary drive, then burned a rescue CD. However, when I tried to boot from it, the following happened:
    --Got an Acronis splash screen, followed by
    --A message asking me to wait, with a blinking block cursor that quickly became solid

And then nothing ... Machine froze up. The only option was to remove the CD, power off and reboot into Windows XP. (Hardware: eMachines T6212, 64-bit processor, came with Nero CD/DVD burner.)

I've tried this a couple times more. Same results

Thanks.

Dennis

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Dennis,

The first thing to do is visit the Acronis Web Site and register your copy of True Image. Once you've done that you can log into your account and download the latest build, which currently stands at 903. Install this, create a new (Linux based) boot rescue CD (it will contain improved hardware support) and try again.

Please post back with the result, whether it be good news or bad.

Regards

3. THoff

THoff Guest

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since it's a trial version, it can't be registered, correct?

I'm a total newbie with True Image, but from what I picked up so far, you can press F11 immediately after the CD starts loading and remove the "QUIET" option that normally suppresses status information as different devices are enumerated and initialized.

It would seem that the last device that is initialized could possibly be the culprit.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Ooops! missed the fact that it was a trial version. Silly me :oops:.

The thing that threw me was the reference to True Image 8 build 850. If it was the basic version of True Image then surely the downloadable trial version should have been build 903?

Regards

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that there was no 850 build of Acronis True Image 8.0. The latest builds are 826, 859, 899 and 903. Probably you have a 859 build.

However, first of all, you should download the trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/
    once again. It should be build 903.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the trial version of build 903, try to boot from this CD and see whether the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you would not be able to create a sysinfo.txt file for some reasons then please boot from the Acronis True Image 8.0 rescue disc once more and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears.

After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens.

Please also create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Send all the captured information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.