True Image 8.0 (771/763) boot disk no worky

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chevy2, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevy2

chevy2 Registered Member

I bought and downloaded TI 8 yesterday.

o_O Question: Why did I have to go back a second time to download the latest build? When downloading from the "Buy Now" link, I got build 763. Acronis, why don't you distribute the latest build from "Buy Now" ?

After installing build 763, I created a bootable rescue CD, but booting from this CD results in scrambled graphics on screen (see attachment). After crusing this forum, I elected to try the one-size-fits-all solution. Yep, that's the one... F11 + "aipc=off...." Result: no difference. For good measure, I tried it a second time. Result: my PC would no longer boot up. It just keeps rebooting in an infinite loop. Time to pull out the OS CD. Let's see, how about 'fixmbr', nope that's no help. Let's try 'fixboot', no help either. Ok, let's spend the next four hours reinstalling Windows 2000, updating it with dozens of MS security patches, and reinstalling applications.

Now that Windows is back, let's try it again. This time we'll download the latest, greatest build, 771. Install and create the bootable CD. Boot the machine from this CD and ..... scambled graphics just like before. This time we'll skip the F11 trick as I don't care to go through another Windows reinstall. The minimize/maximize trick doesn't help either.

If I sound annoyed, its because I just wasted my entire Saturday with this product. If I can get past this problem, it may yet prove to be a useful product.

o_O Question: Does anyone know of a fix for this boot cd problem? Acronis, will there be one? When?

Attached Files:

2. yagi

yagi Guest

I am having the same issue . Did you find any fix from Acronis.

3. chevy2

chevy2 Registered Member

Never heard from Acronis. I was able to isolate the source of the problem as being related to their USB detection/support. I then tried to make a "Safe version" boot CD as this is advertised to exclude USB, PC card, and SCSI drivers.

The safe version CD works, but doesn't allow me to access removable media drives. Thus, I can only restore images from hard drives. So, I installed a spare hard drive I had laying around.

If I ever need to restore my primary drive (i.e. the one I back up with TI), I can boot from a DOS floppy that loads my DVD driver, xcopy the boot images from DVD to the spare hard drive, then boot from the safe version CD and restore the images from the spare hard drive. Not a great solution, but it is a liveable work around (because I don't need to do it every day).

Hope that helps.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

We do know about this problem. The temporary workaround that works in our Testing Lab is to drag the main window (to move it).

The Acronis # of this problem is 140284. You can contact support@acronis.com in order to know if this problem is resolved. Our Development Team is working on it now.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

5. krlseidl

krlseidl Registered Member

I had the same problem on a Dell GX50. I installed a seperate video card and the problem went away. Program did not like the on board video

6. jenrobjr

jenrobjr Guest

I have the same problem booting from the rescue media (floppies, in my case). That system has an Intel 810e motherboard video. I have not had the problem on any other system.

7. SonuS

SonuS Guest

Has this problem been resolved?

I've downloaded a trial version of Corporate Workstation 8.0

None of the current workarounds make a difference on my PC (Dell Optiplex GX150).

I can guess/test my way all the way to entering the password, then I click what I think is the next button and I'm taken to a screen with a scroll pane and apparently I cannot simply hit Next at this screen. Since I cannot see anything, I have no idea what it says or wants me to do.

This will also make restoring very scary... I cannot purchase this product until this issue is resolved.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.