True Image 7 and SATA

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by presrc, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. presrc

presrc Registered Member

As part of a grand backup plan, I purchased a Maxtor 250GB SATA drive and a Maxtor SATA /150 PCI card. Installed the XP Large drive patch and confirmed that windows xp can initialize and format the drive.

Since I have been in love with Acronis products for a long time, I assumed that TI 7, build 613 would be able to do its thing with this drive. Since xp will only format a large drive in NTFS, the first thing I asked TI7 to do was initialize and format the drive in FAT32. It did so, however, it made some horrible error rendering the drive useless. Both windows and bootable versions created the same thing. I then tried formatting the drive with the Acronis Disk Director Suite. This program bombed on startup as long as the SATA drive was in the system.

So my question dear Acronis is, when will there be support for these Maxtor products??

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Presrc --

Could you please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to me? This would provide me with information on the hard disk partition structure.

My e-mail is ag-at-acronis.com

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. presrc

presrc Registered Member

Hi,
    Do you want me to install the SATA drive when I generate the report? If so, do you want it formatted by windows or True Image or Disk Director suite?

I really want you to check and see when these products will work with the Maxtor SATA controller, however, I am willing to play along until you can answer the question.
    Respectfully,
    presrc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.