True Image 2009 Home for Acer Aspire One

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by data7, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. data7

data7 Registered Member

I am planning to buy a new Acer Aspire One with XP Home and the 120GB HDD, but no CD/DVD drive.

I want to create an image with Acronis True Image and my questions is this:

What is the best way to get a copy of TI 2009 Home on my new netbook?

Is downloading it from Acronis the best solution, or are there other venues for purchase and downloading?

Thanks for the help! :)

data7

2. jmason

jmason Registered Member

I've found TIH 2009 to be buggy on my new 64 bit Vista Home Premium. You might want to get a different version of TIH or wait until TIH 2009 fixes are completed by Acronis.

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You're going to want an optical drive feature for that netbook sooner or later. Isn't there at least one usb port on it? If there is, borrow a usb cd drive for now, and see if the netbook can boot from a bootable cd in it.

4. data7

data7 Registered Member

You raise a great issue!

Will Acronis change TI 2009 to allow the creation of the "rescue media" on a USB thumb drive.

With all the new netbooks coming online I hope Acronis will address this issue. :)

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

There is an entire topic about making a bootable usb thumb drive with the True Image Rescue files. It shouldn't be too far in the past messages.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello data7,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 and test it. Use this link to download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009.

If you would like to create Acronis Bootable Media on a flash drive in Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, please see:

- Creating Acronis Bootable Media on a USB Flash Drive

If you would like to create Acronis Bootable Media on a flash drive in Linux distribution, please see:

- Creating Bootable Media in Acronis True Image Server for Linux

If you would like to create Acronis Bootable Media on a flash drive in Windows XP or any other operating system, please contact Acronis Customer Central with reference to the article http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/kb/articles/388/

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.