True Image 2009 - Drive not ready

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mark Peters, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Peters

Mark Peters Registered Member

I recently bought a new PC and used True Image to set it up. When I boot up I sometimes but not always get a msg saying "Windows - Drive not ready Exception processing message.......". I wasn't sure what was causing this but usually clicking on "continue" twice and everything appears to be ok.

I now believe it is to do with the imaging s/w but can't find anything on it on the Acronis site. Any ideas as to what is causing it and how I can fix it?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I think we need to know what you mean by "used True Image to set it up". Did the pc not come with its own OS? Did you use True Image to restore a backup from another computer?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Mark, you may receive this error, for example, when the static Drive Letter in Disk Management is changed on the logical drive that Windows is presently installed on. Change the drive letter in Disk Management back to it's original logical drive letter assignment.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

4. Mark Peters

Hi, yes the PC came with it's own PC but I have a std Image file wth our business apps etc built in so I don't have to install everything from scratch but instead restore the image file on to the new PC and let windows sort the drivers out.

Sometimes when a PC [not the one that created it] boots up I get this error msg but not always, some days it does others it does not.

cld it be to do with the Acronis secure zone? If so then maybe deactivating it, rebooting and reactivating wld sort it.

Mark

5. Acronis Support

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your response.

I don't think that Acronis Secure Zone can cause this error message.

How old is your computer? If the configuration is old, the issue can be related to the slow speed of the system, i.e. to the slow synchronizing of the motherboard and the hard drive.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

6. Mark Peters

Hi

The PC was bought new just before Xmas 2008 Intel Core 2 Duo CPU & 2gb memory

Mark

7. Acronis Support

Hello Mark,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

The source of the issue is floppy drive. If you don’t have floppy just go to Device Manager (right-click My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Floppy Disk Drives -> right-click Disable) and disable it. If you do have floppy drive then check cable connection to it.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

8. Mark Peters

Hi Dmitry

Tried that and rebooted it appears to have worked, I say appears as it didn't always happen. If it happens again I'll post another reply but for now many thanks

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.