True Image 11 hangs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sbgranny, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbgranny

sbgranny Registered Member

Recently True Image 11 Home hangs after saying I want to back up disks on my computer. The only way I can get it to work is if I reboot and start it immediately.

I can also never Safely Remove my external drive after Backup is Complete. It says something is using it.

I am running Vista Home Premium.

Any suggestions?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sbgranny,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

I suppose that the issue is caused by another application interfering with the software. In order to find out the reason of the issue I'd recommend you to submit a request for technical support with the attached snapapi.log file and the link to this thread. You can collect mentioned file in the following way:
    - download SnapAPI drivers update;
    - install this package (you should choose to install it with enabled logging);
    - pick up log file in C: folder.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  3. gelbegeld

gelbegeld Registered Member

i'm also having the same problem. when i try to do full backup,it hangs after reaching like 23% or so..and i have to reboot because 'canceling' and closing the window doesn't really stop it.(it still run in the background i think)
    i also use Vista Home Premium.

4. davshu

davshu Registered Member

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gelbegeld,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify, are you trying to create a disk/partition image, or files/folders backup? Please check chapter 3.1 "The difference between file archives and disk/partition images" of Acronis True Image 11 Home User's Guide for details.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.