True Image 11 / Clone mode

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by maxone, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxone

maxone Guest

I don't know what I should do.

I've wanted to clone my hd because it will brobably die soon... but I can't... the clone mode doesn't work. I've used Migrate Easy and now True Image.

I've got Windows XP and 2 hd sata (1), the old one is a seagate of 200gb and the new one is a w-d 250gb, windows recognised the new dd and I've initialized it... as you can see on the screen :

http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipboard01id0.jpg

It can be automatic or manual , the two option doesn't work... the new hd is always empty, there is always the reboot, the analysis of the partitions 100%, locking 100% and verif 100 % (in justs seconds or only one minute), the computer turn of , I reboot I choose to boot from the new one and:

DISK BOOT FAILURE,
    INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND
    PRESS ENTER

So I've no other options than to turn of and reboot, and choose to boot from the old hd, and I've got the confirmation message from acronis true image that the clone is complete or something like that... but it's nothing like that, the hd is always empty...

I dunno if I've done something wrong somewhere...

If you've got an answer. Please Help.

And sorry for the approximation, I used the French version.

MP

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello maxone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please try performing the operation using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

Please also notice that a possible workaround would be creating an image of the drive instead, and then restoring it to a new drive.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. DaveAlex

DaveAlex Registered Member

Hi, I had exactly the same issue on my machine. I was able to clone the disk after creating a rescue disk and doing the clone with the bootable CD.

However having said that, I am currently investigating a problem I am having with the cloned disk. I will post that in a separate post so as not to hijack this one. I am having a machine failure during backups on the cloned drive.

4. maxone

maxone Guest

I've downloaded True Image French 11(b8041) from there : http://fr.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/, 11/05/2007 so you've done maybe small updates in 1 month for French and other log...

I 've wanted to do a Clone of HD from the Acronis Bootable Rescue Media but with this version, limited to 15days, I've downloaded... that doesn't work! It's only with Windows.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.