True Image 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tinos, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinos

Tinos Registered Member

I have a problem with the motherboard.
    and i take a old pc and put the hdd in the pc to make image on my server.
    now i tryed to rebuild this image on my new pc.
    But when i see the windows logo then the pc restarts (loop).

The new computer is from Siemens has no normal connection (small conector).

Plz help.
    Sry for my bad english, i`m from austria

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Did you replace hard disks?
    Or add new hard disks?
    If you put a new hard disk in the case, did you set the jumpers - master, slave?
    Mrk

3. Tinos

Tinos Registered Member

I replace the harddisk.
    the computer is new and runs, but i need all from the old computer. OS, and special programs

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

If I understand you correctly, You need to:

Create a bootable Acronis True Image CD
    Or
    Ultimate Boot CD for Windows / BartPE with Acronis plugin

Boot from CD on the computer with the old hard disk.

Try to copy / image data to external sources (CD, HDD, network).

Boot into CD again, with the new hard disk now.

Restore the images and/or copy data to the new hard disk.

Mrk

5. appster

appster Registered Member

This sounds (sort of) like my dilemma, posted here... https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=178017

It seems that whenever these disk-imaging programs 'see' a different target-PC configuration (a different motherboard certainly qualifies for that) from the one on which the image was created, major difficulties in restoring the image are to be expected.

6. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

Whenever I make a restoration from an image, and that restoration goes into a loop when it reaches the log-in screen, for me it's always cause by the drive letters on the new hard drive being changed. What happens in simple terms, when the computer is booting up, windows is looking for the next bootup files on the c: drive, if your c: drive was changed to d: drive during the restoration the computer will go into a loop because it cannot locate those bootup files.
    To verify your drive letters, download the demo of "paragon justboot corrector", burn it to a cd and bootup with it. Your system drive letter needs to be c: .If it's something else than you got problems. Another program that has the same "boot corrector" as paragon is "acronis partition commander pro 10", I"ve use that to boot a restoration that wouldn't even get me to the log-in screen. I would check your drive letters first (easy fix) before I would try other things. Here's a link on direction's to change your drive letters using freeware (complicated but possible)
    As far as different motherboards/hardware etc. A couple of times I have restore an image from "computer a" onto "computer b" by mistake, and it would boot up the computer, during bootup windows would load the generic drivers for the new system/display etc. It's not recommended but, I've seen happen too many times to know it can be done.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=174958

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.