True Image 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Keith Weisshar, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Weisshar

Keith Weisshar Registered Member

I currently have the download version of True Image 10 build 4871. When is the physical box version of True Image 10 coming out?

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

I don't know why you would want the boxed version, but you should be aware that the build you would receive in the box would soon be superseded by newer builds that you should have to download anyway to update. Often the boxed builds are already obsolete by the time they reach the customer.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Keith Weisshar,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that the boxed version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home will surely be available for purchase on Acronis web site. I'm sorry, but at the moment the exact time-frame for that is not set yet. As soon as this product will be available this option will be added to our web site.

If you want to get a copy of the installation file of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home on a CD in additional to the instant download version of the product you can add BackupCD to your shopping chart (check the attached screen shot). To find more information about BackupCD please take a look at this FAQ article.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Attached Files:

4. Keith Weisshar

That Backup CD from Digital River will not be bootable so that's not the right option. Only the retail boxed version will be bootable. The Backup CD from Digital River would be the same installer that I downloaded from my Acronis account after registering the purchased serial number from an authorized reseller. Even the Backup CD or the retail CD will still be outdated when a new build of True Image is released. Is there any way to add the latest installer to the same CD after burning a bootable rescue CD?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi Keith Weisshar,

You can always create a bootable CD for free from within the TrueImage program. In Tools, choose Create Bootable Rescue Media, and in this way, you can always create a new bootable CD with the latest version of TrueImage. You can choose to create an ISO file and then burn the ISO file to create a bootable TrueImage CD. This bootable TrueImage CD will contain the latest version of TrueImage and allows you to create new backups as well as restoring backup images without using Windows.

Attached Files:

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Keith,

Yes there is. You can add the TI installer file to an Acronis boot rescue CD via normal CD/DVD recording software such as Nero Burning ROM. Elect to create a CD-ROM (ISO) data compilation, choose the option to "Continue Multisession disc" and then drag-and-drop the installer file into the new compilation window. If you don't want to record any further data onto the disk then you can "Finalise" it as part of the burn process if you wish.

Regards

7. Keith Weisshar

I only have Nero Express 6.6 which is an OEM version that came preloaded with the PC.

8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I thought the OEM version allowed ISO burning or multisession recordings?

Colin

9. Menorcaman

Although I have Nero Express 7.5 full version (came with Nero 7 Premium), I'm afraid I've had no reason to actually use it so I can't comment.

Regards

10. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

All Nero Express versions can do multisession discs. "Nero Express" is actually an interface to Nero Burning ROM, which is the real burning engine.

But I am not sure Nero is the right tool to do the job suggested. I think what is needed is an ISO images editor like UltraISO, which Nero is not. With UltraISO is possible to add files to an ISO boot image, and save the new edited image as a new ISO boot image.

11. Menorcaman

Hi Robin,

I can assure you that Nero Burning ROM is capable of adding files to an Acronis bootable rescue CD (as detailed in my reply at #6 above) without affecting the CD's ability to boot.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.