True Image 10 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Oldjim, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldjim

Oldjim Registered Member

A couple of questions.
    I have received the upgrade offer to go to version 10 but is there any reason why I can't purchase two licenses to install on two computers when I only have one version 8 license.
    Looking at the pricing the UK pound price is much higher than the US$ price converted. Would it be possible to purchase in US$ from a UK address

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I wish they would sort the payment website out, it is a shambles. It appears to be penalising non-USD buyers. Acronis is has been aware of the problem for some time, but it is obviously is not a priority to them. It has certainly stopped me buying extra licenses on more than one occasion.

F.

3. dfenn_x384

dfenn_x384 Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

i just got off the live chat line from acronis and this is what happend

Chat InformationThank you for contacting Acronis! The chat operator will be with you approximately in 1 minute(s) and 19 seconds. Thank you for waiting.
    Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Helen'
    Helen: Hello! Thank you for contacting Acronis Sales Team! My name is Helen, how can I assist you?
    Daniel : I have received the upgrade offer to go to version 10 but is there any reason why I can't purchase two licenses to install on two computers when I only have one version 8 license. Looking at the pricing the UK pound price is much higher than the US$ price converted. Would it be possible to purchase in US$ from a UK address
    Daniel : or AUS address
    Helen: If you have Acronis True Image 8.0 you can purchase 1 Acronis True Image 10.0 Home Upgrade license and 1 full Acronis True Image 10.0 Home license.
    Helen: Could you please hold on?
    Daniel : ok
    Helen: You can order the product by phone. Please call 952-646-5157 and be prepared to give the operator your credit card information.
    Helen: You can ask the operator about purchasing is US$.
    Daniel : since i'm from australia, could i just order the products on the us site?. i'm only getting the download version
    Daniel : there a box where you put your country in
    Helen: On our web site we sell only downloadable versions.
    Daniel : is there anything stopping someone from ordering from your us site when they come from aus?
    Helen: You can try to purchase the software at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/sales/online/
    Helen: Actually you should be able to purchase it in US$.
    Daniel : Thank you for your time
    Daniel : have a nice day

i hope thats helps

4. Oldjim

Oldjim Registered Member

It does indeed - very informative
    EDIT
    However I have just checked prices and using the upgrade route the price in the UK is about $29.99 plus 17.5% VAT making it $35.20 which is about £18.00 using credit card exchange rates but I can buy the boxed product from Amazon UK (with free postage) for £18.48
    Makes a mockery of the cheap upgrade offer. I think I will just wait until v11 comes out

Even worse - the price on the upgrade link has suddenly increased from $29.99 to $41.55 even though the price was supposed to be valid until July 20th

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Oldjim,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that if you feel that purchasing in US dollars is more profitable for you, please feel free to do so.

Please note that you should use not only the serial number for Acronis True Image 10.0 Home Upgrade, but also a serial number for your previous version of Acronis True Image when installing an upgrade. Thus, you could follow Helen’s directions and purchase one Acronis True Image 10.0 Home Upgrade license and one full Acronis True Image 10.0 Home license.

Please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per each machine it will be used with.

Could you please enter the correct quantity in the shopping chart and use update button to update total price? This should help.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Fedyulin

6. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

This does not address the reason why your website does not use real global exchange rates - you seem to make your own up.

I think it would be more honest to only sell in USD rather than appearing to make yourselves extra profit by selling in another currency based upon your own locally contrived exchange rates.

F.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello foghorne and everyone interested,

Please note that as the rates of US Dollar to Euro (two most wide-spread world currencies) are changing constantly, we decided to keep the rate fixed and set to 1:1.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.