True Image 10 Home Recovery disk crash

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by prmsye, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prmsye

prmsye Registered Member

I recently upgraded my system to an Asus P5B-E MB with Pentium Duo and 2 GB memory, but decided for now to stay with Win XP Pro. As in the past, I backed up the new setup onto a network drive, using True Image 10 Home version.

However, when I attempted to use the recovery disk to access the networked drive, an error occurred during the boot process. Upon further investigation, I found that only running the "Safe mode" version will boot up. Of course, this doesn't attempt to load a network driver, so it appears I'm SOL.

Has there been an update, or is there a patch that deals with this problem, or is there some magic scripting required to augment the "kernel error" that occurs?

Thank You

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello prmsye,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists with the latest build, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you are not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home Bootable CD and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.

- After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button then and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You may want to build a BartPE CD Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD and use one of Mustang's BartPE Plugins. The Linux based rescue CD most likely does not have a driver for your new motherboard/drive controller. BartPE uses windows drivers and you can add drivers to the build, something you can't do with the rescue CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.