True image 10 home problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rick_jones, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick_jones

rick_jones Registered Member

Hi, all
    I got a new pc for xmas :p
    I used your software supplied with it, ie i installed it...
    my specs are here http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ConfigureSystem.asp?SystemID=763

Ive made an image a few days ago and thought i`ll be safe... so i thought :'(
    anyway here is what i did so far, true image home 10 by the way.
    ive tryed to reformat with the software, but with the original software, on reboot it sits at what looks like a linux boot screen, so i updated the software to TrueImage10.0.4942_s_en being my latest patch ect, now i get please wait loading... then the screen flashes with what looks like the acronis backup screen in windows then my pc reboots into vista again.
    erm... here are a few log files i hope :)

Thanks any help appreciated

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  2. thecreator

thecreator Registered Member

Hi Rick,

I had the problem with SATA Hard Drives, also. What it turned out to be, was not the software, but the physical connections of the SATA Cables. I had to open up the case and reseat the SATA Cables into the motherboard connectors and on the Hard Drive and DVD Recorder, itself.

Once I reseated the cables, I had been having no problems, of what I thought to be a Software problem, initially. It is hard in a tight space, but I did it. I also used a Needle-nosed pliers to work in that tight space, and it worked fine.

Open up your Case, and reseat the Cable Connectors.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Be sure turn unplug the PC, not just run off the on/off switch before you reach inside. some points on the motherboard will still be hot unless you unplug.

4. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

Yep ; just llike TVs ,etc.-I work on them...........once in a while. :D

5. rick_jones

rick_jones Registered Member

think i`ll just stick to "ye ole fashion fresh install" it seems to work!
    thanks for the advice guy`s but i`ll just have the guy`s from scan round for a nice cup of tea while they pull said plugs `n` stuff out of me brand fire new flame throwing pc.

conclusion: unistall windows, re-install fresh copy, mount image, take the games from program files to save 3 or 4 hours of download patches, uninstall acronis 10 and throw promptly in the bin, my god, ive solved another problem.

cheers for all the advice guy`s, but if i can install a fresh copy of windows, imo - there isn`t anything wrong with my equipment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.