True Image 10 Clone Function Doesn't Work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nisko, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nisko

Nisko Registered Member

I've installed TI10 on two different laptops - both running WinXP Pro SP2. I am trying to clone a 120GB drive to another 120GB drive (my backup in case something bad happens on my primary drive). I've read in this forum where other people are having the same symptoms and the same results. Is there a solution to this problem? Is there a way around it using TI10? Thanks........

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Make the bootable TI cd, boot with it and try the Cloning from its menu.

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

What problems are you having specifically? Give us more detail and we may be able to help.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nisko,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please describe the problem in more details. What are you trying to do? What steps do you perform? Are there any error messages? What are they and at what step do they appear?

Please be aware that there are two approaches available:

Clone Disk - migrates/copies the entire contents of one disk drive to another;

Backup - creates a special archive file for backup and disaster recovery purposes;

Please take a look at this FAQ article explaining the difference between Clone Disk and Backup approaches in more detail.

Actually, Clone Disk approach is usually used to upgrade the hard drive (e.g. install a larger disk), while Backup approach is basically dedicated for the complete data backup and disaster recovery purposes. Since you are interested in backing up your hard drive for the disaster recovery purposes, we would recommend you to follow Backup approach.

Moreover, there are several advantages of creating an image over the disk cloning procedure such as: you can create an image without rebooting your PC, image creation can be scheduled for the particular point in time, Acronis True Image allows you to create incremental and differential images, image archive contains only the actual data and so it has a smaller size, images are ordinary files and so they can be stored on any type of the supported media, etc. However, the final choice is always up to your needs.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.