True Image 10 build 4940

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Keith Weisshar, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Weisshar

Keith Weisshar Registered Member

Why doesn't the new build of True Image 10 include the latest snapapi driver? The snapapi driver included with the install is still v3.0.0.303.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Mine shows 3.1.0.321

3. SemiP

SemiP Registered Member

3.0.0.303 here, too. Just downloaded 4940 again, same MD5 hash as installed. Wonder where 3.1.0.321 came from?

EDIT: A bit of searching here, and there is a new version of Acronis Drivers dated 2007-01-17, it contains snapapi.dll version 3.1.0.327.

Available here: http://download.acronis.com/support/SnapAPI_l_s_e.zip

My guess is that Sheiber had installed a previous version of updated snapapi that was not overwritten by the install of 4940. Maybe?

But, then, Acronis chose to keep 3.0.0.303 in the release of TI 10.4940. Perhaps in most circumstances it is the more stable? Also, 3.1.0.327 provides for data logging. Don't know what complications it may introduce.

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  4. jjbtnc

jjbtnc Registered Member

What does this do?

what's the difference between versions?

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Yes, iirc, I did run snapapi at one point. It's not clear to me if the the diff version of snapapi.dll mean you have diff drivers or jsut diff versions of the driver installer-- in which case one might have the latest drivers even if the installer wasn't changed for bild 4940. The installer number might change with the independent update version that's avaialble on the link for snapapi. It would be interesting to hear from Acronis on these matters.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the latest version of Acronis Drivers (SnapAPI) is not necessary included into the latest build of the Acronis True Image products. I am afraid I can not provide you with more details of creating the new build process.

Please however note that both versions of the Acronis Drivers (the one included into the latest build and the one provided by Acronis Support engineers) were tested completely and are stable.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.