True Image 10 Boot Disk Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by drickett, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drickett

drickett Registered Member

I am having a problem with Boot Disk taking erroneously rebooting. The steps are as follows:

1. Boot from Recovery CD
    2. Wait for Acronis Loader
    3. Choose Acronis True Image Home (Full version)
    4. Choose Recovery from Menu
    5. Click Next From the Restore Data Wizard

Problem: System Reboots

Thanks in advance for any help....

David

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

What system do you have - motherboard/ ram etc.

Which build of TI 10 are you using - the last 4 digits after the 10.0.xxxx

Colin

3. drickett

Thanks for the help

I am running a Dell XPS laptop

OS Windows XP SP2
    Intel Pentium M processor 2.26 GHz
    2 GB RAM

True Image v10.0 (build 4,7871)

Any help that you can give would be appreciated. Dave

4. hoser_d

hoser_d Registered Member

This problem has also happens with me. With me it seems to reboot the first time and then the second time it works.

5. drickett

OK... I have an update to the problem. The reboot occurs only when I have my external HD plugged into a PS2 port. I have my archive file stored on the the Exteranl HD and it is from there that I am trying to do the restore. It was my understanding that Acronis supports external hard disk. Has anyone else had this issue?

David

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Plugged into your PS2 port? or USB? The external hard drive is it a S-ata 1 or 2, IDE?

Is it an externally powered hard drive or gets it power form the laptop?

What happens if you try and boot the CD choosing safe mode?

Colin

7. drickett

Sorry, brain cramp. It was USB. The Hard Disk is externally powered. The software boots fine for either version. The safe version doesn't support USB so I wouldn't be able to use it.

The problem occurs when you go through the recovery wizard. I get to the section where you select the drive in the tree control. If you select the E drive (external drive) the system reboots. This only happens on my XPS laptop. I tried it on my HP laptop and had no problem.

David

8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Not wishing to quibble, but if your laptop is relatively recent, the safe boot mode may still work if all the USB gubbings are handled by the motherboard and bios.

Unless of course you've already tried that, and muttered naughty words around the place. :)

Colin

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello drickett,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.