true image 10 and win 98se

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dbknox, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

I am running Windows 98se.
    I recieved an email offering me a reduced price to update from true image 9.0 to version 10.0, but there is one small problem. Upon reading the FAQ under "What operating systems does Acronis True Image 10.0 Home run on" this is what I see....
    The installation package can be run under under the following Windows operating systems:
    New! Windows Vista
    Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
    Windows® XP SP 2
    Windows® 2000 Professional SP 4
    So I guess I will have to wait for Vista to hit the market and load in my copy of xp and update to Vista.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

More importantly will your present W98 system handle XP adequately? Or do you plan to get new hardware?

3. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

My hardware is quite sufficient I simply do not like windows XP. I actualy own XP and had it on my computer and reinstalled Windows 98se.
    My tower,motherboard and cpu are just a little over a year old.
    I have tweaked win98se and it runs very smoothly.
    I have enough power and speed (plus a video board) capable of running windows Vista, which I am sure I will not be liking either, but alas one must move forward to keep up with changing software.

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

It would be easier for you to get to like XP than Vista. I made an attempt to instal Vista RC1 today. I couldn't because I did not have 7 Gb of free space on my hard drive. (That's no typo - 7 Gb). True Image also runs well in XP. Then there is the cost of Vista and for those with inadequate hardware the expense of upgrading the hardware. I'm sticking with XP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.