true crypt mbr corrupted

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by jcorbeaux, Jul 14, 2017.

1. jcorbeaux

jcorbeaux Registered Member

Hello,
    I have a 500go drive with dual boot 7/xp . The part with seven is crypted with true crypt and start with it at windows begining.

Since a day the password become wrong without any reason. I see that this problem is commun and due to master boot record corrupted. Well,i go to my secpnd windows that is not crypted in case of...

But i try to mount the drive crypted,no way ,i try without pree load the password is wrong... whatever i do.

I use recovery from an exterlnal file but i use a wrong file (from another 500go hard drive). Know i can mount it but windows ask to format that not good.

Finaly i found back the good truecrypt restore disk but when i want to use option 3 to write key data he make me a message the mbr is conserved and do nothing.

What should i do?

Thank you in advance

2. jcorbeaux

jcorbeaux Registered Member

I have a problem because my rescue disk doesn t want to overwrite my key data with option 3. But if i understand the rescue disk of 1.7mo countaint the 128ko that i need. I suppose it theorethical possible to found it,squeeze it out and force then to my header. Or create a pure new header of 128ko than i can use with true crypt So how to do it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.