True 2009 - validation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gww528, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gww528

gww528 Registered Member

True 2009

When you have several full backups that have be validated. When TI 2009 makes a new backup, does it also validate the old backups that have already been validated if they are all in the same folder?

Thank you

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I believe it still does if they are in the Secure Zone. If a regular folder then no. If it is an incremental then it will do the entire archive associated with that incremental - the full and any in-between incrementals.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gww528 and seekforever,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Unfortunately, current version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 does not support such validation for old backups. However, you you want to be sure that all your backups are correct - you can create a validation task to accomplish that.

Please also notice that you can find detailed information on Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

The problem of multiple validations has been brought up many times. I first noticed it when I joined the party with Version 8. Various promises have been made that a fix will be provided. Do not hold your breath the problem still exists apparently in Version 2009.
    However because of the inability to store several full backups the multiple validations may not be so obvious.
    Instead you will find working space being used to perform, to my mind, unwanted and useless backup consolidations.

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.