Trouble with ZASS 7.0.337.000

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Frustrated_as_heck, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frustrated_as_heck

Frustrated_as_heck Registered Member

Hello all.

I'm Frustrated_as_heck.

I have a Dell Dimension 4400 box equipped with XP Home for an OS.

About two weeks ago I updated my instance of ZoneAlarm Pro from 6.5, to 7.0.337.000. Now I am on a Trial Version. I currently have 3 days left.

What has me so Frustrated is the fact that ZASS 7.0.337.000 is slowing down my web dev apps, such as BlueVoda. Before I updated from ZoneAlarm 6.5 to ZASS 7.0.337.000, my box was super fast and responsive and I was content with it.

When I click the ZASS icon in the tray, the ZASS window pops up but it stays white. I can't shut down ZASS. I can't find ZASS in All Programs.:'(

I have finally decided to get this version of ZoneAlarm off of my computer, then get ZoneAlarm Free.

Trouble is, its REALLY, REALLY DIFFICULT to get ZASS 7.0.337.000 to Uninstall.

Please Help me if you can. Please.:'( :'(

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Just curious,
    What happened to adding the "/clean" extension to the uninstaller path? Is this now included, or not needed?

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Frustrated as Heck, As I look at the uninstall instructions supplied by WSfuser, I am wondering how you will be able to uninstall due to the fact that all you get is a white screen. Does 7.0.337.000 appear in your ADD/REMOVE folder? You can't just remove it using add/remove like any other app. There are all those files that have to be removed as per the instructions too. Those instructions for doing a clean uninstall have to be followed exactly. Have you thought of doing a system restore? You still have to exit ZA for that to work, if it will.

5. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

It certainly does give rise to question. Removal (via uninstall) should be easy/complete IMHO

6. Berge01

Berge01 Guest

What I do is the basic uninstall instructions:

I suggest a 'clean' uninstall of your Zone Alarm firewall followed by a fresh install. Here's how you do a clean uninstall. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. For Windows XP: clean your C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch folder. Clean the history in Internet Explorer or your current browser, clean the cookies. Then empty your recycle bin. ZoneAlarm should be gone. Now download and install a fresh copy of Zone Alarm.

Also, all the popup messages when it asks you if you are sure you want to do this and that? You must say YES to all the popup messages and it should work with no problems.

I also suggest you use CCleaner to remove any traces that may or may not be left in your computer.

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Berge01, My first thought was the /clean step, but as he says,

"When I click the ZASS icon in the tray, the ZASS window pops up but it stays white. I can't shut down ZASS. I can't find ZASS in All Programs."

So if I read him right he has no listing in the start menu where you would right click.

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

what u can do is search for zauninst.exe, create your own shortcut for it, then proceed with the instructions by berge.

also try the uninstallation in Safe Mode.

9. Berge01

Berge01 Guest

Another suggestion I would try, as it may work. Use the feature Last Known Good Configuration, perhaps get the original Zone Alarm program to come up and then continue to use the uninstall instructions I previously posted. Or go back into the System Restore and find when Zone Alarm was originally installed or approx. the date it was. Either of these two suggestions should work and eliminate that white screen that is showing up. Surely it will not hurt anything if it does not work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.