Trouble with install and BS's extra settings

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by wolfwatcher51, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfwatcher51

wolfwatcher51 Registered Member

Sorry for being such a newbeee, but I can read and follow instructions. It is just that when things do not work as stated, I get confused. Please be patient and thanks in advance for your help. OK, I downloaded the nod32config_en.zip, unzipped it and got the expected two files. Then went to ESET and d'loaded the trial version, nentenst.exe is what I got. This is not a file which can be extracted. There was a comment in the thread that said to rename config.xml to nod32.xml and run setup.exe. Setup.exe was supposed to be part of the de-compressed installer. In the first part of the thread, it said that you do not need a username or password for the trial version, so it seems this procedure should work with the trial version. So, what am I doing wrong? Thanks again, Chris.

2. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Chris,
    You are not alone. I am a n00b t00! But, I believe that that new "config" file you have tried to use is only for help setting up the Enterprise Edition of NOD32. The trial package you went and got should work OK by itself. I've used the trial package 6 times now (over 2 years) without a hitch.
    Hope this helps,
    Duncan

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What you are doing wrong is that you are reading the additional comments . Basically you need to first download the NOD32 installer from ESET's site . Then download the ZIP file with the xml file and the bat file . You need to have WinRAR or other unpack software such as the mentioned 7-Zip.

Create a new folder called NOD32 Standart . Now right click nentenst.exe and Extract the file to that folder called NOD32 Standart . Then extract the ZIP file nod32config_en.zip into the folder NOD32 Standart .
    Close all Windows applications , open folder NOD32 Standart and double click the BAT file (install.bat) . Waitn and the machine will auto reboot , NOD32 is now installed :)

If this doesn't work for you , delete any possible folder (called ESET) from C:\Program files , download the appropriate installer from ESET's site and install NOD32 by double clickling it and folloing the instructions . There is nothing wrong in the default settings , by the way :thumb:

4. wolfwatcher51

wolfwatcher51 Registered Member

Thanks HiTech_boy. I followed your instructions and used 7-zip. Got message that nentenst.exe is not an archive file, so still no go. I know that I can just dbl click the .exe and install that way, but the other way is supposed to work with the trial version. For a real trial I would like to have the program optimized with BS's settings, to see it at it's best. I think the problem is that when you go to the paid d'load section, you get an extractable file other than nentenst.exe Surely somebody knows what the two files are like? No?
    Do the tech support employees from NOD32 monitor this site? They certainly should know what is going on. I sent them some preinstall questions and got an automated reply saying they would get back soon. What is soon, it has been two days. You would think that a company that wants to sell you software would put high priority on pre sales/install questions. Warm and fuzzy and all that. Seems like the old saying about how long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you are on. Thanks in advance, Chris.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

nentenst.exe is self-extracting archive and it is constructed the same way as the paid versions . Could you uninstall 7-zip and download/install the free trial version of WinRAR (www.rarlab.com) . Note that when you use it to extract the file , at the end it will pop-up with an error but you should ignore it because it is caused by WinRAR and the way it handles digital signatures :)

Yes , the forum is being monitored by ESET employees . This is the Official NOD32 forum so that you ask questions here and they are answered officially and correctly . If the questions you sent can be discussed in public , you can post them here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.