Trouble with Blackspear's settings

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bornconfuzd, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Hi Everyone,

I ran into problems with Blackspear's settings in V 2.x, and now I'm back with a problem in V 3.0.621.0. Hmmm, could be a pattern here. :rolleyes:

I first followed the manual setup as described in "EAV 3.0 Tutorial - 15 Jan 2008 ". After getting everything setup, I added a new weekly scan and had it "Run Now". It ran fine, and pretty fast, until it hit my downloaded copy of MS Office 2007. This download is in two parts, each one just under 400MB each. After letting it run for several hours, and Nod32 still stuck at the 92 % mark, I stopped it.

I then did a clean install of Nod32, downloaded "Blackspear's Settings" xml file, imported it, created a new weekly scan, ran it, and same thing! It gets to the first of these two files in just a few minutes, then sits on the first of the two for hours. I let it run for five hours this morning before I stopped it.

It isn't stuck either, it's scanning individual files within the files somehow, and there must be hundreds, maybe thousands of files. Above my paygrade I'm afraid.

I'm including screen shots of what Nod32 says it's scanning, and what the actual files look like.

I neglected to ask for help and advice when I first posted this!

Can anyone offer any help or advice? (embarrassed now) :)

Thanks, Larry

DELL E510
    Pentium D820
    4GB DDR2 SDRAM
    Dual 250GB Seagate HDDs
    BFG Nvidia 7600 GT OC Graphics
    Windows Vista Ultimate
    Nod32 V. 3.0.621.0

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2008
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Larry,

I would suggest going into Advanced Mode, if not already selected. Then select the Exclusions section and add that whole Office 2007 folder for exclusion.

Bubba

3. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Hi bubba,

I'll do that, and thanks for the reply! I'm still wondering though, about the cause, and if there might be any other solutions?

Thanks again, Larry

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Assuming you followed the tutorial to a T and the In-depth scan profile was selected, it could be that the Advanced heuristics or Heuristics selection is choking on those files. One way to determine that would be to perform an individual Context menu scan on one or both of those files with Advanced heuristics\Heuristics selected. If it chokes, then de-select Advanced heuristics\Heuristics. If it still chokes, then something else is causing it. If it dosen't choke, that means Advanced heuristics\Heuristics was the cause. The only suggestion I have then is you'll have to get with Eset if you really wish to know further why those files choke with Advanced heuristics\Heuristics selected.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.