Trouble using Univ Restore ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kberling, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kberling

kberling Registered Member

I'm trying to use Universal Restore with TI Server 9.1 to move from one server to another. Both are raid servers. The new server is a Dell PowerEdge 1800. I copied whatever files from the PowerEdge files from the drivers cd to the usb drive I'm restoring from. I'm not sure exactly what drivers need to be present but apparently it's not find them all. I get a message halfway through restore: Recovery was Interrupted. Restore for Win Serv 2003 Enterprise.

Device: PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0285&SUBSYS_02911028&REV_01

Can anyone make sense of this?

If I skip the driver(s) install the system boots up in a loop.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

2. simcoxp

simcoxp Registered Member

I have the same issue.

Can someone help here?

3. kberling

Tech support responded to me after a couple days. I fixed this problem but still can't get Exchange up and running on the new server from the image.

What I had to do is:
    download and save the sata drivers to a folder on the image drive. I use an external hd to save my images so I just created another folder there with the sata drivers. During the restore I select to load drivers manually and select this driver file in that folder. Works like a charm.

4. simcoxp

simcoxp Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok, so I have to find the SATA drivers for the new Server? Not the old one.

That's funny since the new server is already built with Windows 2003 Server and can see the C: Drive from within Universal Restore. You'd think that it would use the same drivers when restoring.

5. kberling

I agree, it is a little strange but if you are getting the same error as I did then that should do it. Yeah, the drivers for the new server.

Good luck

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kberling and simcoxp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

kberling, I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

Please note that as described in this previous post of mine Acronis Universal Restore uses to restore the image to a different hardware, therefore, during restoration to a new hardware you should point Acronis Universal Restore to the folder, which contains drivers (*.inf and *.sys only) for this new hardware. If you have downloaded the drivers in *.exe file, please follow the instructions of the vendor to extract the drivers.

Would also like to remind that during the restoration ALL the data stored on the restored partition will be replaced by the image data, so be careful and watch for non-backed-up data that you might need.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.