Trouble uninstalling without password

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by PixelHermit, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelHermit

PixelHermit Registered Member

This is the deal: My girlfriend use the excellent (if out-dated...) version 1.x of NOD32 on her computer. I use F-Secure (sorry..) and now I’ve bought a bunch of licences of F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security for my office, and thought I’d install one of them on Malin’s computer too, simply because it would be convenient to have an all-in-one firewall/anti-virus solution there.

The thing is, she has password-protected her NOD32 settings, and has forgotten the password... Every time you try to uninstall the program (using the Windows XP control panel) the NOD32 program asks for the password - and won’t uninstall without it... Note that this of course isn’t the same as the registration name and number; it’s simply a password for the settings, and such.

Unfortunately, I don’t know my ways within the NOD32 programs very well myself, since I’ve only experienced the F-Secure and, alas, Symantec equivalents. Any way around this? Hopefully one that doesn't include fdisk...

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.