Trouble understanding the system install procedure

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by catman915, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catman915

catman915 Registered Member

I boot my machine and the OS Selector menu comes up. I insert the system install cd into drive and after it is recognized I set properties on it's icon. I then boot that icon. When the machine reboots to start install it asks whether to boot from cd and I hit the enter key to boot from CD. It then begins the install. When it gets to a certain point in the install it reboots and this is where I am confused. Should I hit the enter key and boot from the cd again or wait until the os selector menu reappears and boot the icon again? Would appreciate any assistance and correction of my interpretation of the instructions. Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello catman915,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

PLease be aware that if you install a new operating system then it will rewrite the MBR of your hard drive, so Acronis OS Selector will not load. That is why you will not need to boot from the CD. The installation procedure will automatically proceed with the booting process.

After the installation is finished you will need only to activate Acronis OS Selector once again. It should detect the newly installed operating system without any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.