Trouble scanning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Pepzi, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pepzi

Pepzi Guest

Hi,

Was recommended by a friend to try out your product so i installed demo ver. on my laptop running Me and it worked just fine. I was really impressed about what Nod could do and the easy management so I installed it on my other computer, running XP Pro.

Then the problem started. I am a newbie on these products but i have tryed almost everything but it will not work. I receive some error mess that i cannot figure out.

Physical disk No. 3 - error loading MBR sector
    C:\pagefile.sys - error opening [4]
    Notes.
    [4] Could not read the file. The file is used by another application (or the operating system) with exclusive rights.

(I am not running any other apps , just Nod o_O )

Before installing Nod I unistalled my other third part free av :oops: that Iwas not satisfyed with.

Looking forward to some help to get this good product work as satisfying as on my laptop :)

Rgds, Pepzi

2. Clweb

Clweb Registered Member

The pagefile.sys is the Windows swapfile. So it it a file used by the system and under NT/2000/XP this file cannot be opened by other software.
    So this is a normal behaviour. NOD should complete this message by saying this is normal under NT/2000/XP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.