Trouble restoring over network

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jelorian, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jelorian

Jelorian Registered Member

I'm using TI 8.0 Build 859. I'm trying to restore an image across our network to a Dell 370.

In the Restore Image Wizard I'm opening up "Computers Near Me" and I see our domain. However, I only see one PC. I have gotten it to work intermittently so I know I can create an image, upload it to a PC on our network and then download it again. When it works, its just fine, but all of a sudden when I'm trying to download an image I only see 1 or 2 PC's.

What is confusing is sometimes it works (I can see network PC's) and sometimes it doesn't. Everything is the same and nothing has changed.

Also, when it is working, I am able to upload an image to my own PC on our network, provided I create a local user and create a local share that has full control on its share permissions.

However, I tried creating another Local account on a different machine and I'm NOT able to upload images to that PC.

The only difference in the PC's (the ones I'm uploading to) that I can see is one is XP Pro and the other is XP 2003 Server.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  2. mark7

mark7 Registered Member

I do not see my networked computer (I have just two computers on my network, both XP Pro SP2, one with TI 8 build 826) in the the Rescue boot CD Restore Image Wizard unless I first enter the networked computer name in "Filename:" as \\computername (no underline)

3. Jelorian

Jelorian Registered Member

Mark,

Thanks for your reply and your suggestion. I tried it and it seems to work. All this time I've been trying to "browse" to it and it would never show up.

Again, thanks!

Jel

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.