trouble installing TI build 9796

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by robo108, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robo108

robo108 Registered Member

I am having problems installing Build 9796 with Vista SP2
    Downloaded update twice. tried installing over and uninstalled previous version but keep getting "the installation was interrupted before Arconis True Iamge Home could be installed. You need to restart the installer and try again"
    Have tried many times and restarted computer but no luck. Any ideas?Thanks
    I had no problem reinstalling build 9709 but no luck with build 9796.....I also tried turning off my anti virus during installation but still no luck

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Do you have a firewall installed? If so try turning this off while you install.

3. robo108

no firewall installed and as I said the previous version installs fine

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Check that your temporary folder is empty. The TI installer is very fussy concerning pre-existing temporary files.

For Vista - look in C:\Users\Your_log_on_name\AppData\Local\Temp. Delete as many files in the folder as Windows will allow, and then retry installing.

5. robo108

Thank you for the suggestion but that did not solve the installation problem

6. richbenn

richbenn Registered Member

Turn off any anti virus that's running as well. Other than that I guess you'll be in Acronis support h@ll.

7. dhcernese

dhcernese Registered Member

Now I'm concerned because I downloaded this build and have Vista SP1, any updated status ? I kicked off the installer and tried the "check for update" first-- it can't connect to the server even after I turned off my firewall. That's not right.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  8. sunrisecc

sunrisecc Registered Member

I just installed 9796 over 9709 under Vista SP2 with nary a problem. As a caution, I disabled my AV temporarily and ran the install by right-clicking and selecting 'run as administrator'.

Other than the anomaly of the help showing 9791, ATI 2009 runs very well.

9. robo108

hmmmmmm still having no luck
    Turning off my anti virus was one of the first things I tried.
    As I said before, I have not problems installing build 9709 even tried uninstalling it for a clean install of 9796 but no luck
    Thanks again for all the suggestions
    R

10. MikeV99

MikeV99 Registered Member

One thought that comes to mind is a corrupted user profile. Have you tried to install using a different userid?

11. robo108

I have now and still no luck but thanks for the idea

12. EddieA

EddieA Registered Member

I had exactly the same issue. Follow the instructions at the bottom of this page to create and analyze the MSI installer log.

Cheers,
    Eddie

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I will gather the entire procedure you should perform if the installation progress bar rolls back:

1. Completely uninstall the previous build or version of Acronis software. You should do this by means of Add or remove programs utility or by Acronis Clean Up Utility

2. Reboot the computer.

3. Temporally disable your Anti-Virus software (including Firewalls).

4. Manually delete the content of the following folder: C:\documents and settings\[account_name]\local settings\temp or C:\Users\"Name\AppData\Local\Temp (in Windows Vista).

5. In Windows Vista disable Windows User Account Control (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account On or Off -> Uncheck “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer".

6. Try to install the program again.

If the problem persists, please obtain .MSI log file.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.