Trojans Lurking In Fake Video Postings On YouTube

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ronjor, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

This sounds like either a false alarm, or misreporting to me. I fail to see how anyone can embed a trojan in a video published on Youtube since, after uploading, all videos are converted to the Flash (.flv) format by Youtube, so an embedded trojan simply wouldn't survive the conversion process.

3. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Possibly - but do you remember the Quicktime vulnerability? It was felt by thousands of Myspace users - whereby a .mov security hole allowed a remote computer to download a trojan program to your machine, silently, just by you watching the video. The attackers may be exploiting such a security hole in the flash video player code.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

5. TNT

TNT Registered Member

Yeah, this seems more and more just rubbish. The only thing even remotely malicious I've seen so far on YouTube was this crappy game video that said at the end "download the full game here" with an URL, and if you went to that (external) link, downloaded, and installed the thing you would get a malware.

There's much more to worry about than YouTube, that's for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.