Trojans and viruses

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by dubber1, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dubber1

dubber1 Registered Member

Hi don't know if I am posting in the correct place.I am wishing to remove such things as backdoor frauder win 32 agent vundo etc.Have trawled through pages to find a programme which is free to do this no succes.Some say it can be done manually but I don't think I have enough knowledge any help greatly appreciated.Thanks

2. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Welcome to Wilders.

If you are able to boot into Windows Safe Mode, scan with one of the following:

1. Scan/clean with SuperAntiSpyware Portable (Malware Signatures Up-To-Date at the time of download).
    2. Install, update and scan/clean with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
    3. Scan/clean with Hitman Pro (An active Internet connection needed for proper scanning/cleaning).

If you are not able to get into Windows Safe Mode or the PC won't boot, update the Malware signatures and scan/clean with one of the many Antivirus Rescue CD's. Some examples are:

1. Avira Rescue System CD
    2. Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
    3. BitDefender Rescue CD

There are a lot of free Malware removal tools listed here:

http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/malware-removal-guide

There is a list of Antivirus Rescue CD's with links here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1956612&postcount=7

The only 100% sure way to be clean is to wipe the hard drive, partition, format, install Windows, install Windows Updates followed by installing other needed software.

In the future you should routinely Image (to safe location) your Windows System Partition or whole hard drive. If you have a Malware infection issue you may then safely and easily destroy the Malware in a matter of minutes by Restoring a known "clean" Image. This avoids hours of stress and wasted time trying to clean Malware from the PC and not knowing for sure that the PC is 100% Malware free.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  3. dubber1

dubber1 Registered Member

Hi many thanks for your reply,sorry for the lateness in responding but have spent a short while in hospital.Will print out the info you have supplied and will try to work through it.Many thanks once again Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.