TrojanHunter 5.2 Build 987 (Released 2009-08-27)

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by NICK ADSL UK, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

TrojanHunter 5.2 Build 987 (Released 2009-08-27)

* Added detection of hidden Internet Explorer processes launched via COM automation
    * Added trojan mutex detection
    * Added bug reporting option if TrojanHunter crashes
    * Added detection of suspicious svchost processes
    * Added "This is a list of all the trojans TrojanHunter currently detects" label to Trojans page
    * The Exit button is back
    * Fixed bug with TrojanHunter Guard appearing at desktop center when using two monitors

http://www.misec.net/forum/board/TrojanHunter/1251381888

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Thanks Nick, also Please note instructions for installing (requires clean install) in post #4 (by siliconman01) of link (above). Downloaded and did clean install. No problems to report. Everything is running smooth.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  3. gery

gery Registered Member

is this worth using? how heavy is it? i have a license for this softwar but never really used it so i need some feedback if possible

4. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

If you have the upfront TrojanHunter Guard enabled it takes up around 7-9 MB of RAM. You will find varying opinions on whether a dedicate anti-trojan program is needed anymore. I still use TrojanHunter as an extra scanner. I use the TH Guard occasionally as extra upfront protection. The program is well supported and there are frequent updates. I think you will find most people on this forum would recommend an extra free scanner on your machine like MBAM or SUPERAntiSpyware. TH is not free and they started charging an annual update fee a few years ago. TH forum is here: http://www.misec.net/forum/. Stop by there and check out some posts also.

5. gery

gery Registered Member

thanks a lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.