TrojanHunter 3.7 RC1 Available

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by hayc59, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

TrojanHunter 3.7 RC1 Available
    A release candidate of TrojanHunter 3.7 has now been made available for public testing. If you are comfortable with Windows and testing software you might want to give it a try. A special board has been set up at the TrojanHunter forum for discussing the RC(s). Please make sure to read the two sticky threads there before doing any installation.

Link to the TrojanHunter 3.7 RC board, where the download is also available--->
    http://www.misec.net/forum/?board=TH37RC

2. controler

controler Guest

Tried installing it but since I had a trial version on here before and uninstalled it , all I get is a splash screen mentioning my trial period has expired.
    So this is not a RC1 ?
    Is there an removal file so this new 3.7 can be installed even if we had a previous trial version at one time?

con

3. marti

marti Registered Member

4. controler

controler Guest

Yes I had read that but I don't think RC1 is a final version.

"Please also note that if you download and install any RCs your trial period may be shortened or disappear altogether once you try the final version "

5. marti

marti Registered Member

What I was trying to say is that if you trialed TH before you can't do it again, in beta or any other means.

6. controler

controler Guest

well that is the silliest thing I have ever heard :D

con

7. marti

marti Registered Member

It's real life. I have run into the same problem. Try it, don't buy it and you can't try it again. Think about it: you try a program and the trial period expires. You then download it again and use it until it expires. Oops -- the software manufacturer is not making any money from folks like you (or whoever).

You can do a clean install of your OS and the software you want to try will not have any tracks left in your new system. However, I can't imagine anyone that would do a clean install of their system on a regular basis, just to have "free" software. Technical Support comes with software that you purchase and that's very important to me.

8. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hey Controler,

How are you? I hope all is well !

Well, I'm sure you know, just like Marti wrote, that software developpers have to protect their programs somehow. Installing trail-version after trial-version of the same program without paying for it is not the way to go.
    Well, I guess you knew that already; nothing new.

At the other hand I know that you have beta-tested a lot of programs in the past.
    So you could try to email Magnus with your question whether you could beta-test it.
    But in the end it is most definitely Magnus decision, and his alone !!!
    I'm sure you knew that already too ;)

Take care Con !
    Cheers, Jan.

9. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

you should've read the read me file at th forum: http://www.misec.net/forum/?board=TH37RC;action=display;num=1064143422

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.