Trojan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by HURST, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Hi guys

I downloaded some file today and did a scan with NOD32, SAS and a-squeared before opening. All of them said the file was clean, so I didn't performed my routine virustotal scan when opening unknown files.
    When I opened, it did nothing, just openes cmd for a fraction of a second. I uploaded the file to virustotal, and 4 scanners detected a thread. 3 of them said it was Zapchast trojan (eSafe and I don't remember wich other 2) and Avast said it was "trojano-756". So I downloaded Avast free edition, updated and scheduled a boot-scan, which deleted some files.
    I don't have a copy of the file, so I can't submit it to eset, but my question is the following:
    is this threat known to eset or is it some kind of non-functional trojan and I have nothing to worry about?
    I'm performing Kaspersky online scan right now, but don't hope any results, since kaspersky also said the file was clean on virustotal.

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

try to send the file(s) to eset - samples[at]eset.com. put in .zip files and give it password : infected.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Reread HURST's post.

4. HURST

HURST Registered Member

thanks for the suggestion, but

Avast deleted it... It's not in the "chest"

5. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

VirusTotal will forward the file to the companies that did not detect it. If you remember the file name at least that could help Eset track it down

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@HURST

I really have no idea but instead of permorming numerous checks with different security product , why don't you turn back time - run System Restore to a day before you run this file .

Then if you still suspect something , it has been said by Marcos , download and run Microsoft Autoruns , submit ESET Support a log , perform scan with ESET product and ... that is it :thumb:

7. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion Hitech_boy, did the restore last night. It seems to be all OK now, but you never now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.