trojan test

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by jonnypop, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonnypop

jonnypop Registered Member

just wanted to thank everyone for the great info found here which helped me to pick out best virus/trojan software (kapersky,boclean,tds)

I know it is only one sample, but the following pic is an (in the wild) test on jotti

my own scan of the file is as follows

tds - trojan
    trojanhunter - nothing found
    boclean - trojan (love that single file scan trick)
    ewido (free) - nothing found

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2005
  2. -.-.-

-.-.- Guest

Did you execute the sample? (Otherwise the test is not valid.)

3. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

True, a number of AT tests show that most AT's total detection rate depends on a combination of both real time and file scanning.

Ie what a AT may not pick up as a filescan it may pick up when the trojan is executed.

4. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

It's not detected by ewido because it's a Wise Installer which we currently cannot unpack. Once executed the dropped trojan is detected without any problems. Also comparing free to paid versions is really fair... :rolleyes: :(

Attached Files:

5. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

What's the difference between the ewido free and pay as far as the detection rate/engine/etc. goes? I would think the pay offers real-time protection and automatic updates, but that the scanning engine and detection rate would still be the same for both......

6. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

None... The difference is how the nasty gets detected. If the on demand scan fails (e.g. it fails when a trojan is hidden inside a setup like in this case) the guard catches it once it gets dropped and tries to start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.