Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen Url spoofer? Paypal FYI

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by goldberry, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldberry

goldberry Registered Member

I use Paypal to accept payments for items I sell at eBay. Yesterday, as I was securely logged in to Paypal thru a link from eBay, I clicked on the link to bring me to my history view. Kaspersky antivirus popped up and told me that Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen was stopped as my history page was loading. I'm not saying that this could not be a false positive or something but in case it was the real thing, I want people to be aware. When I did a google search, I found this trojan has other names but seems to be an url spoofer in this case. So, I might not be safe even when on a secure site. So please everyone, get the best antivirus you can afford and a firewall too. I'm not sure what the best way to go about this is but I am just wanting to let people know about this recent event.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Hi Goldberry

Are you sure that your signature-bases are up to date? Because Kaspersky actually had a false positive called "Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen" a month ago, reported by several Paypal/eBay costumer's. Is it possible that your auto-update isn't working?

BTW. I agree with this: "So please everyone, get the best antivirus you can afford and a firewall too". :)

Regards

3. goldberry

goldberry Registered Member

Hello Don, I sure hope that Kaspersky is up to date and working because it alway's states that my anti-virus up to date and the Current antivirus database was released today and then shows today's date and the time when I checked it. Thanks though. I feel safe with Kaspersky, but I just wanted people to know that even when they have followed the rules and are at a safe site, they need all the protection they can get. I never expected to see a trojan of some kind as I was signed in to a secure site thru the proper channels.

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Me too. ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.