Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen Url spoofer? Paypal FYI

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by goldberry, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldberry

goldberry Registered Member

I use Paypal to accept payments for items I sell at eBay. Yesterday, as I was securely logged in to Paypal thru a link from eBay, I clicked on the link to bring me to my history view. Kaspersky antivirus popped up and told me that Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen was stopped as my history page was loading. I'm not saying that this could not be a false positive or something but in case it was the real thing, I want people to be aware. When I did a google search, I found this trojan has other names but seems to be an url spoofer in this case. So, I might not be safe even when on a secure site. So please everyone, get the best antivirus you can afford and a firewall too. I'm not sure what the best way to go about this is but I am just wanting to let people know about this recent event.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Hi Goldberry

Are you sure that your signature-bases are up to date? Because Kaspersky actually had a false positive called "Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen" a month ago, reported by several Paypal/eBay costumer's. Is it possible that your auto-update isn't working?

BTW. I agree with this: "So please everyone, get the best antivirus you can afford and a firewall too". :)

Regards

3. goldberry

goldberry Registered Member

Hello Don, I sure hope that Kaspersky is up to date and working because it alway's states that my anti-virus up to date and the Current antivirus database was released today and then shows today's date and the time when I checked it. Thanks though. I feel safe with Kaspersky, but I just wanted people to know that even when they have followed the rules and are at a safe site, they need all the protection they can get. I never expected to see a trojan of some kind as I was signed in to a secure site thru the proper channels.

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Me too. ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.