trojan simulator

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by hadi, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    trying to test my AV/AT/AS BUT the great NOD won't allow download

What is the safest method to disable NOD so that I can download the simulator to test my AntiTrojan/AntiSpyware. Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2005
  2. hadi

hadi Guest

sorry
    the link to the simulator
    h**p://www.misec.net/trojansimulator/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2005
  3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You would have to unload Imon. Amon would catch it then. :D

4. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Disable IMON and AMON, if you just disable IMON then AMON will not even allow you to open it and deny acess to it, so you must disable both. I have played with TS a bit, its nice to see how well NOD deals with it.

5. hadi

hadi Guest

Thanks LowWaterMark for editing NOD image
    Thanks Bubba for editing my 2nd post
    Thanks ronjor
    Thanks Matt_Smi
    After the humble test I made I'm going to relay heavily on NOD. I'm thinking now to kick some of those AT/AS which are doing nothing but sleeping and eating resources. NOD is back in action.

6. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Hi Hadi, Nod is a great piece of kit, but dont rely on it alone to protect you on the trojan front, remember its an antivirus, and at this it excels, but a dedicated trojan detector is still a welcome addition to anyones armoury.

Kev
    :)

7. hadi

hadi Guest

One thing though. when trojan simulatör zip file clicked IMON didn't alert. and when scanned I get this. No action except "leave"

Attached Files:

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

1. when u scan it manually, imon and amon dont give the alerts, the scanner does.
    2. the clean and rename buttons are disabled because its in a zip i presume, but at least the delete button should be active.

9. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Actually, the Delete button is not active because the Win32/TrojanSimulator is inside the .zip file. "Delete" would mean deleting only that file from inside the .zip file, leaving all the other files inside the .zip alone. NOD32 cannot do this. You will have to find the .zip file yourself and delete it manually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.