Trojan/ShipUp and VBS/Solow

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by hihi, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hihi

hihi Registered Member

Hi guys. I have been using Nod32 for quite some time. I think it is nice so I recommend it to some of my friends. We usually share our files using pendrives.

Until recently, one of them, who is not using Nod32, told me that some of the pendrives are infected with Shipup and Solow. So, I take those pendrives and scan it with Nod32 but Nod32 found nothing. So as others who are using Nod32. I am using the recommended Nod32 settings and keep the virus definition up to date.

I asked my friend to help me remove those viruses using his antivirus.

Will Nod32 be able to detect those viruses in the future virus definition update?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    please send any suspicious files to samples [at] eset.com. I assume these vbs scripts just copy themselves and perhaps change the title of any web page you open, but I can be wrong. Most of the script "viruses" do not do any damage to files or something like that.

3. hihi

hihi Registered Member

All of the pendrives are now cleaned. When those viruses are found again, I will send it.

4. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

How have you cleaned them?thought you said Nod didn't detect anything?are you really sure they were infected in the first place?

5. hihi

hihi Registered Member

As I mentioned earlier, my friend cleaned the pendrives for me. Some others who are infected, claimed that they can't double click.

Those viruses names come from the antivirus which can detect them. Phew, I don't use those infected pendrives at that point. Else, :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.