Trojan Revop.c

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by japo08, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japo08

japo08 Registered Member

Hi, I'm not computer savy by any stretch of the imagination, I do know a little, but I've tried to figure out how to get rid of this Trojan Revop.C virus that my AVG (free version) detects, but can't put it in the vault, and I'm not sure if there is any free way to get rid of this virus. Also, is my AVG any good, and if not, whats the best I can get?
    Thanks, Jamie

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi japo08, I've moved your post from the dedicated TDS3 suppport forum to a more appropriate forum where it will receive better attention.

Best of luck. Pilli

3. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

Download and try out ewido .The trail is free for 15 days then it turns into the free version with a few things deactivated.

http://www.ewido.net/en/

goodluck

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Jamie, welcome to forums.

First, detection by AVG and you cannot delete/move.
    Do you have the full path of the file? Where is the file located?
    Two reasons for starters that it won't move.
    #1: It detected it in the System Restore Volume and cannot be touched in there by anything.
    #2: It's running and cannot be moved.

Try starting in Safe Mode if it's not in sys restore and scan with AVG then.

If in system restore, turn off system restore, reboot which will clear it, then restart sys restore and make a new restore point.

Now, as to whether AVG is any good or what's the best... phew...toughie. :D
    AVG is as good as it's FREE. It is quite a good scanner and I know plenty of top guys around the place just use that, BUT, they also know what they are doing, in terms of other security.

It's probably rated better than "some" of the ones you may pay for, but not in the same league as the top lot of:

Kaspersky, NAV, McAfee, F-Prot, Panda, etc. etc....

ANTI-VIRUS COMPATATIVE AUGUST 2004 TESTS Click on 'online results' link, then in next page, click on 'online results' August 2004 link. :)

Have a search for "best anti-virus" just in these forums, you will see many threads. ;) I have to leave right now, so cannot find any links for you atthe moment.

Cheers, TAS

edit: Forgot to add this, may be helpful, take note of all advice given. :)

IN THIS THREAD AT THIS FORUM

:)

5. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Try this online scanner ;)

MKS_VIR 2004 Online Virus Scan

On first load, be sure to click the options hammer at top right and set to english, check the retrieve (middle) option and then let it update. Select your drives and scan them. When you come back from 2nd time and on, make sure middle option is checked and check the top option so that it will reload the current version if is available.

I believe that should be able to clean your pc for ya :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.