Trojan Remover doesn't work!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by ronny, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronny

ronny Registered Member

I' ve installed the trial version of Trojan Remover6.1.6.

But although i can do the updates and the "normal System Files scan" the program doesn"t respond afterwards when i want to scan a drive or file. In the taskmanager i can see that the program isn't responding.. The only thing i see is the begin screen with the database and date and a little blue bar "loading".Although i 've to admit how strange it may be, : it worked 1 time. Yep ,once i was able to scan a drive or folder,but before! and after that , never again :(

I' ve tried everything :-(. (for instance closing ALL other applications , rebooting, uninstall and reinstalling,...)
    I' ve scanned my system also online with several virusscanners : no virusses were found. I scanned my system with TDS-3 , BoClean and Trojan hunter, nothing was found.
    My PC is only 3 months old ,3.0 GHz ,512MB memory, Pentium IV, ATI 9800
    I do appreciate some help with this :D and yes i wrote to simplysup.com (the makers of the program) but until now didn't get a reply.

2. peakaboo

peakaboo Registered Member

I tried Trojan Remover version 5.0.2 last year (4/18/03) and I had a similar problem.

Looks like you already tried what resolved my problem which was to close aps in systray like firewalls & AV - once I did this it ran.

Firewalls & AVs go deep into the system, and although appear closed may still be up - try process explorer it will let you see what is still running and kill:

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

If still no joy maybe try Trojan Hunter - really nice program (i just tried it), also has a guard & port to process mapping, fast scan... etc.

http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter/

3. ronny

ronny Registered Member

:) Thank you Peakaboo.

I' ve already bought BoClean in the past , but was looking for another one.( So far no complaints about BoClean).My choices were :
    TDS-3 or
    Trojan Hunter or
    as you saw, Trojan Remover

That's why i am testing them.

4. ronny

ronny Registered Member

I 've good news. The makers of the program admit the problem and are hard working on it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.