Trojan Killer and jushed.exe with Windows 8

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by zmechys, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

I've decided to try Trojan Killer from GridinSoft and installed on Windows 7 and Windows 8 computers.
    I ran Trojan Killer on the Windows 7 computer. No problems, just a few false positives, like BitDefender.exe, Privazer.exe, etc...
    I tried to run TK on my Windows 8 computer, but the program would always crash scanning the same file, C:\Common Files\Java\Java update\jushed.exe.
    TrojanKillerStopped.PNG
    I've decided to transfer jushed.exe file from Windows 7 that gave Trojan Killer no problems to Windows 8. After replacing the java update file, I ran again TK on Windows 8. And again, TK crashed at the same spot: C:\Common Files\Java\Java update\jushed.exe.
    I've decided to DELETE jushed.exe. XYplorer clearly showed that the file was gone.
    JavaUpdate.PNG

After that pesky file, jushed.exe was completely deleted, I ran Trojan Killer.
    And again, TK crashed scanning the same - COMPLETELY DELETED - file, jushed.exe.

2. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ zmechys

Hi, see here ;)

Looks like it's not W8 ready yet !

4. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

I've contacted GridinSoft about my issue and clearly explained about two Windows OS - Windows 7 and Windows 8.
    The support team did not say ANYTHING about TK being not ready for Windows 8.

They asked me to send that jushed.exe to them.
    I've checked jushed.exe with VirusTotal. No problems.

It's just my luck with Windows 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.