Trojan in latest Java update?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Wolfie138, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfie138

Wolfie138 Registered Member

Anyone had this? just had a java update and NOD snagged "Java/Exploit.CVE-2012-0507.CU trojan" in "AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\48\45fd0c30-3146f45d"

i had a look on the java site, they say anything in there isn't to do w/ their update. this means to me that yet again NOD has let something slip through and reside on my machine, from fk knows when. if true, i'm especially annoyed as i just had a call yester about two fraud attempts to use my credit card, and it leaves to to wonder if this is related?

any comments? i made comments last time about this so-called "100% catching stuff in the wild" claim from ESET, is this another example of something that's been missed?

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Try to clear your Java Cache.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  3. bwb1

bwb1 Registered Member

Java updated yesterday here and ESet did not ping anything!

4. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I lost the Windows XP Pro "Control Panel" Sun Java Icon after the Sun Java 7 Update 9 installation.. NOD32 did not indicate any Malware.

5. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

That was noted by many. Apparently, that happened only on XP systems. I confirmed this by checking an XP system and Win 7 systems at a business. Downloading and reinstalling Java brought back the control panel. I have no idea why it was removed, but the update does install in the same folder, so maybe the control panel gets removed with the update and only a full reinstallation restores everything.

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.