Trojan in latest Java update?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Wolfie138, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfie138

Wolfie138 Registered Member

Anyone had this? just had a java update and NOD snagged "Java/Exploit.CVE-2012-0507.CU trojan" in "AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\48\45fd0c30-3146f45d"

i had a look on the java site, they say anything in there isn't to do w/ their update. this means to me that yet again NOD has let something slip through and reside on my machine, from fk knows when. if true, i'm especially annoyed as i just had a call yester about two fraud attempts to use my credit card, and it leaves to to wonder if this is related?

any comments? i made comments last time about this so-called "100% catching stuff in the wild" claim from ESET, is this another example of something that's been missed?

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Try to clear your Java Cache.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  3. bwb1

bwb1 Registered Member

Java updated yesterday here and ESet did not ping anything!

4. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I lost the Windows XP Pro "Control Panel" Sun Java Icon after the Sun Java 7 Update 9 installation.. NOD32 did not indicate any Malware.

5. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

That was noted by many. Apparently, that happened only on XP systems. I confirmed this by checking an XP system and Win 7 systems at a business. Downloading and reinstalling Java brought back the control panel. I have no idea why it was removed, but the update does install in the same folder, so maybe the control panel gets removed with the update and only a full reinstallation restores everything.

6. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.