TROJAN HORSE DOWNLOADER.STUBBY.A HELP

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by savery, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savery

savery Registered Member

Hi, It turns out that my 1yr old hp comp didnt come with an antivirus software, and I just reasonatly downloaded the AVG virus software and deleted 21 viruses off my comp...but the one virus that wont die is Downloader.Stubby.A. When I start up the computer, I get a message saying AVG has found Trojan Horse Downloader.Stubby.A in C:\system volume information\_restore{6CD01810-EFB9-4AF0-A405-DEO7EB8CD51D}\RP330\A0119117.exe, then it tells me to run AVG. I do, AVG doesnt find anything, I restart and the message comes up againo_O This virus seems to only target my internet, not even my e-mail, just the internet. Forever to get on, forever to get to the next page, forever to get to here. PLEASE HELP!!! I am getting so annoyed!!! I hate downloader.stubby.a, thats for shur!!!! Is there anything I can do to get rid of ito_O

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi savery. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

The trojan keeps coming back because it is in your System Restore.

Just disable System restore, renable it,create a new restore point, reboot and do another scan to make sure it's gone.

If you're not sure, here's how,

http://www.pchell.com/virus/systemrestore.shtml

Hope this helps.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.