Trojan horse Downloader.Revop.A and I-Worm/MTX.A

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by tomoe, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomoe

tomoe Registered Member

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask for your help about this problem I have encountered with my pc. I run this anti-virus software called AVG_6_O_D032_Init and it has detected the virus Trojan horse Downloader.Revop.A and the I-Worm/MTX.A. This worm has infected this file C:\Windows|RunDLL32.EXE.

After this, I cannot login to my computer at all. It is asking for a virus free diskette of some sort and since I don't know it I chose the option "continue at your own risk". Then it continues scanning but another dialog box appears saying the computer is now safe to shutdown.

Could you please tell me what I need and how to deal with this problem? I'd appreciate this a lot coz I'm not really an expert with this things..

Thanks,
    Tomoe

2. IMM

IMM Spyware Fighter

That's an oldie

There is another removal tool available at http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w95.mtx.fix.tool.html

Your major problem is that not all files will be repairable
    You will need the original install cd or you will need access to the cab files on disk to get clean copies from.
    The first file you will need is rundll.exe - if you can replace that one from DOS it would help

What is your operating system ?

3. tomoe

tomoe Registered Member

Hello,

My Operating System is Windows98. I will try what you said to me and I hope it fixes the problem. If not, you would definitely be hearing from me again.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.