Trojan Horse Downloader.Keenval.C

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by iwiw60, May 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwiw60

iwiw60 Registered Member

I was online surfing around on the internet today and received the following popup on-screen:
    =================
    VIRUS
    Trojan Horse Downloader.Keenval.C
    is found in file
    C:\SystemVolume
    Information\_restore{EC6FF40F-40A4-4F85-9293-A528A6BDB84D}RP353\
    A0052037.exe
    To remove the virus please run AVG for Windows
    =================
    So I clicked okay, and ran a full-test on AVG 6.0. The test results came up with no viruses detected!

I am running Windows XP Professional...since this first happened early this morning I have had that pop-up appear more than 3 times...help! Newbie here.

Thanks for any help... you may write directly to xxxxxxnetzero.com

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2004
  2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

PS:

Maybe you would like to remove your email-address to protect you from Spam-bots and email-harvesters etc.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello there!
    since it's in your system restore, there must be an original or has been elsewhere on your system.
    To get rid of the infected restore just disable system restore, reboot, enable system restore again and manually make a new system restore point as all the older ones now are wiped away.
    You might however like to do a full system scan with fully updated TDS first, rightclick on one of the alarms in the bottom console to save as TXT and post that scandump.txt output in your next posting.
    Don't delete nothing yet, just keep that alarm box up till you posted and got replies here.

5. Peace

Peace Registered Member

How do i set system restore manually, also can you please tell me if there is any good trojan defence I can download for free. This is the second time i got one of these the first was Keenval B

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

When all is cleansed:
    In the My computer / troubleshooting you can disable system restore - reboot - enable system restore again and there you heve the choice to manually make a new restore point. Do this, as this action wipes all former system restore points and you're rid of your infection.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001111912274039?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

Since you posted in the TDS forum i assumed you have TDS installed.
    Of course there are free products, but you're running a XP Pro version and your computer deserves the best for very affordable price. TDS is top notch in every sense.
    www.diamondcs.com.au and download your free evaluation copy of TDS.
    Close all your other antivirus scanners completely when you install TDS, after that reboot your system, go back to thast download place to get the latest radius update and download that and just put it in the TDS directory, load TDS, and let it do it's startup scanning job.
    When it's ready, open System Testing > Scan control, set a checkmark for all scanoptions there are on both tabs, OK, and choose the Full System Scan.
    Make suer all other anti-virus and resident protection are closed, unnecessary programs and what you don't need as you'll step away from your system to have a coffee.
    When you're ready in the bottom console you might get some alarms; rightclick on one of them and choose "save as text" -- keep that windows open so we can advice you what to do;
    copy that saved text in your next posting here please before you do any other step.

Can you imagine where you got your infection from?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.